Autonomous Driving Research Engineer - Mapping
Mountain View, CA | Direct Hire
Research Engineer – Mapping Job Description:
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development.
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and pipelines for projects in intelligent driving technologies. The goal is to apply the state of the art AI algorithms on cars to make driving smarter and safer. Here you will be responsible for developing state of the art algorithms for mapping and localizations. These algorithms will be applied on real vehicles to be deployed in the network.
- Develop and deploy tools and pipeline in the area of mapping (particularly HD maps), SLAM and Localization for smart driving.
- Research and implement the state of the art algorithms, adapt them into driving scenarios and make them run in real-time on vehicles.
- Contribute to intellectual property through patents.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Solid programming and high working proficiency in C++ and/or Python.
- 3 years of related working experience.
- Clear communication and a strong desire to be a part of a highly collaborative and rapidly growing team.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field with a focus in computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience and deep understanding with one of the following domains is a plus:
- Back-end infrastructure on large distributed system.
- HD mapping, SLAM, Localization, etc.
- Experience in real time 3D LIDAR or image based localization.