BI Operations Engineer - MPK
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
The Business Intelligence Operations (BI Ops) Team is responsible for supporting hundreds of data pipelines. Our primary responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. We work on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We use a lot of internal Customer tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly. We will give you an opportunity to work on interesting BI operations engineering projects that optimize the processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on alerts and monitoring, auto-remediation, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers and improve efficiency
- You will be part of the global BI Operations team
- You will be working closely with BI Data Engineers and BI Platform Engineers.
- You will be working on engineering projects to build monitoring and automation solutions.
- You will be providing operation support for hundreds of data pipelines.
- You will be part of the on-call rotation.
- You will work with Data and always look for processes optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for customer’ s needs.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience. Degree in technical field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in complex systems.
- SQL programming experience
- 2+ years’ experience using Object Oriented programming languages (any one of the following Python, PHP, Java, C++, etc.)
- Linux environment experience
- Good understanding of BI and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, OLAP vs. OLTP, Slowly Changing Dimensions)
- Good understanding of process automation