BI Operations Engineer - SIN
Singapore, South Beach | Contract
BI Operations Engineer
BIOps Team Overview
The Business Intelligence Operations (BI Ops) Team is responsible for supporting hundreds of data pipelines. The primary responsibility of the team is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. In this role, the BIOps Engineers will work closely with BI Data Engineers to support their pipelines and provide guidance to improve operations. The team is working on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues while using a lot of internal tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. This environment is dynamic, workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- You will be part of the team that supports BI operations
- You will be working closely with BI Data Engineers and BI Platform Engineers
- You will be supporting the operation of hundreds of data pipelines.
- You will be part of a global on-call rotation.
- You love working with Data and always looking for optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for the needs of the company: You will get the opportunity to work on interesting BI operations engineering projects that optimize the processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on alerts and monitoring, auto-remediation, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers and improve efficiency.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. Degree in technical field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to create a solid understanding of operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with a proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- A hunger to learn more tools and learn overall infrastructure to produce scalable automated processes around BI Operations.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in complex systems.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL programming
- 2-5+ year of programming (C++, JAVA, PHP, PERL, PYTHON etc.)
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse experience
- Good understanding of DataWarehousing concepts (ETL, OLAP vs. OLTP, Slowly Changing Dimensions)
- Good understanding of process automation
- Bonus: Previous experience with Git workflow
- Bonus: Previous experience with MySQL, Vertica, Oracle
- Bonus: Previous experience with Customer Support
- Bonus: Previous experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto or other Big Data technologies
- Bonus: Previous experience managing applications on Linux and Windows