DataOps Engineer - Singapore
38 Beach Road Singapore, South Beach 189767 | Contract
Data Operations Engineer
The Data Operations Team is responsible for supporting hundreds of data pipelines. The primary responsibility of the team is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. In this role, the BIOps Engineers will work closely with BI Data Engineers to support their pipelines and provide guidance to improve operations. The team is working on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues while using a lot of internal tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. This environment is dynamic, workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- You will be part of the team that supports Data Operations
- You will be working closely with BI Data Engineers and BI Platform Engineers
- You will be supporting the operation of hundreds of data pipelines.
- You will be part of a global on-call rotation.
- You love working with Data and always looking for optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for the needs of the company: You will get the opportunity to work on interesting BI operations engineering projects that optimize the processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on alerts and monitoring, auto-remediation, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers and improve efficiency
- Looking for Full Stack Software Engineers or Software Engineers
- 1-2+ years professional experience
- Technical degrees (CS / Math / Physics / Sciences) a strong plus, but work experience can substitute liberal degrees
- Front end development (React or HTML/CSS)
- Server side experience (PHP / Hack)
- Elastic search
- GraphQL experience
- RESTful API development experience
- Backend experience with SQL / Non-relational databases
- Experience reviewing other engineers code and providing critical feedback
- Experience with version control systems (Git / Mercurial)
- Supplemental language experience that would be " nice to haves", but HTML/CSS/React/PHP are core
- Object Oriented design knowledge and implementation experience
- Familiar with Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience working with and designing/deploying ORMs (object-relational mappings)
- System architecture design is a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Self-starter and independent, willing to seek out to-dos in a startup environment
- Willing to take ownership and push on original ideas