Community Manager Technical Evangelist
Mountain View, CA | Direct Hire
As the Community manager, you will grow and empower a community of individuals who will leverage and proliferate the Linux networking model.
- Become an expert in the needs and motivations of the community and leverage your passion for community building to help us become a leader with this audience.
- Engage with the community, respond to questions, and foster a responsive environment.
- Strategize, create, and help to publish content designed to inspire and educate the community.
- Continuously grow the community, and consistently focus on ways to get more people into the community.
- Ensure the community is a healthy one that reinforces learning and growth and provides tools and processes that enable and empower the end-user. The user experience of the community matters.
- Create an environment where collaboration and contribution are prominent – amplifying and engaging our users and the broader Linux networking community.
- Create broad opportunities for engagement like events, local user groups, and making tools available to grass-roots community members to make it easier for them to engage. Empower the users voice in the project roadmap.
- Collaborate cross-functionally internally and build strong relationships externally with key ecosystem partners to facilitate gathering requirements, examples, training videos, technical thought leadership and ensure a positive experience for the community.
- Develop and track metrics on community adoption.
- A background in networking and open source software.
- Exceptional leadership, technical, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must have 5+ years project management experience in networking, Linux or network services products (L4-L7 services, security).
- Must be an industry savvy individual with drive and credibility to engage the Linux networking community and beyond.
- Bachelor' s degree required. If you’ ve got CS, Computer Engineering, MBA that’ s a plus.
- Disciplined pro with the humility and maturity to work collaboratively with others and establish strong relationships based on mutual trust. You must be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders and work ceaselessly to expand the Linux networking community into a new and growing market space.
- Accountability, teamwork, and innovative strategic thinking.