Community Support Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Job Title: Community Support Engineer
Our community support engineers are the voice of the developer ecosystem and have a strong connection into the VR development teams for recurring issues, feature requests and product documentation. If you enjoy coding and helping other developers, then this is the job for you!
Areas of responsibility:
Areas of responsibility:
- Engaging directly with VR developers in VR communities including our properties and outside open-source communities to answer technical questions and help solve developer problems
- Being the voice and advocate for our developers, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to developers.
- Building and updating scaled documentation to help developers deliver solutions.
- Collaborating with Engineering and other multi-functional teams on specific user-impacting issues and bugs.
- Working with developer support agents to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
- Understanding how our developers use our services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
- Actively seeking solutions to developer needs, communicating trends to the org, and suggesting innovative solutions.
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about game engine integrations and specific product lines and features.
- Improving internal efficiency and developer happiness by actively finding opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
Skills: Experience and skills:
- Experience and skills:
- Strong passion for helping developers build VR businesses.
- Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
- Proven experience working with technical communities, social media and blogging.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with real passion for technology
- 1+ years of experience working with technical communities
- Proven history of customer-obsession
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Expertise with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with VR development and engine integrations
- Some programming experience (Unity or Unreal a plus)
Education:: Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience