Menlo Park, California | Contract
Job Title: Contracts Coordinator
This position will provide contract coordination for the global product marketing event team and ensure proposals, contracts and agreements are in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
Candidate should have a demonstrated track record of progressively increased levels of experience in agreements, negotiations, and pricing of complex contracts in the marketing and event industries. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a challenging and demanding business environment.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Serve as the focal point for all contractual activities for the site including support for existing business and new development. Work closely with Event Managers to recognize and assert changes in scope and constructive changes that are not covered by the contract. Assert and submit requests for equitable adjustments to the customer within the appropriate time limits.
- Monitor customer’ s and company' s performance against a contract, including flagging any scheduled milestones or triggers and any issues (e.g., breaches, rebates, terminations, etc.) with in-force contracts.
- Responsible for contract review process and terms and conditions review in accordance with contract policies.
- Proactively manage and monitor long-term contracts and agreements.
- Ensure appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract review and approval process.
- Work closely with the Sourcing, Marketing, Finance, and the Legal team on bid and proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract review and administration of commercial, international and government contracts for new and sustaining/existing products.
- Ensure compliance with contracting policies, laws, and regulations. Work closely with trade compliance staff to identify and communicate potential trade compliance issues and resolution paths.
- Verifies that appropriate and complete customer documentation and authorizations have been received by the company prior to authorizing and directing work to proceed.
- Work closely with cost estimating and pricing staff. Identify and coordinate pricing for out-of-scope work effort in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate flow-down of terms and conditions with all functional departments including event production, program management, eng, comms/policy, finance, media, design work, as required.
- Key contributor to continuous improvement and implementation of company procedures and contract management process
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders at multiple business sites on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provide program status and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; maintains historical information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the marketing event industry strongly preferred
- Experience working in a cross-functional business environment with a high level of coordination across multiple functions.
- Skilled in the negotiation of terms and conditions, pricing, agreements and proposals for a designer/manufacturer of complex components, subsystems, and systems.
- Ability to draft, review, and negotiate complex contract terms and conditions ensuring adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Experience negotiating intellectual property rights and nondisclosure agreements.
- Pricing experience desired with working knowledge of financial concepts including price
Education: Bachelor' s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience:3 years of relevant experience working with increasingly progressive levels of responsibility in contracts
Related contracting courses in an event, marketing, and intellectual property contracting, trade compliance and program management desired.