1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Copywriter II
About the Role
Our team is made up of marketers, copywriters, designers, web developers and strategists. Together we help millions of small businesses learn how to use our apps and services to grow and be successful. This role will assist in the concepting, writing and delivery of marketing materials, including webpages, emails, ads, video ads, and more. To do well in this role, you' ll need to easily work across multiple marketing disciplines and with cross-functional teams. You' ll need to understand the small business audience and bring that understanding to bear in your writing. Finally you' ll need to work quickly and on deadline, and have the flexibility to pivot and adjust when plans shift.
- Concept and write advertising and marketing materials, including web (mobile and desktop), email, ads, video ads, print and more.
- Participate in brainstorms and design thinking sessions to create concepts for marketing campaigns.
- Proofread and edit copy from other marketing managers and copywriters.
- Periodically review existing materials and propose updates.
- Work with a marketing manager to present strategies, concepts and creative ideas across the organization.
- Elevate the overall team' s skills and expertise by sharing industry knowledge and best practices.
- 5+ years experience writing advertising, brand or marketing content.
- The ability to write in clear, concise prose for a non-technical, inexperienced small business audience.
- Experience using Facebook Business products (Facebook Pages, Instagram Business Account, Ads Manager, Business Manager, etc.)
- Experience running and/or participating in brainstorms and design thinking ideation sessions.
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch.
- Comfort taking feedback and input and coming up with solutions that maintain the integrity of the ideas.
- Ability to consider and weigh content strategies, landing page optimization, product needs and more when writing marketing content.
- Ability to independently and proactively seek out answers and unblock obstacles.
- Strong process and project management skills with successful experience influencing and working on cross-functional teams
- Familiarity or first-hand experience with small business challenges and needs.
- Additional noted skills: digital advertisement, small business, sales enablement, content marketing, demand generation, and customer marketing
- Writing samples or portfolio link.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.