Firmware Software Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Firmware Software Engineer IV
Support development of custom-designed MAC firmware for wireless chips that will be part of the Facebook AR/VR product.
- Interface and collaborate with wireless chipset vendors to ensure vendor' s MAC HW /SW architectures and implementation meet AR/VR customization requirements.
- Design and implement customized wireless MAC/FW that will be tightly coupled with AR usage scenarios, with stringent performance and power requirements.
- Design and implement wireless driver management and data path, integration with rest of the AR subsystems, including PCIe interface, buffer management, queuing and scheduling algorithm.
- System firmware development including power-management, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Deep understanding of wireless communication software/firmware architecture, especially on 802.11 wireless communication principles and protocols
- Hands-on experience in 802.11 lower level MAC and Data path development
- Experience or familiarity with: Wireless Connectivity, TCP data interpretation, statistics, robotics, or mechatronics, all strong pluses.
- Experience with hardware prototypes or firmware preferred.
Nice to have:
- (VR) virtual reality, (AR) augmented reality, MATLAB, C++11, C++14, 3D, Unity, Unreal, optics, physics, computer vision, machine learning, sensor fusion, tracking, IMU, robotics, games, realtime, real-time, Python, Lua, optimization, embedded systems OR embedded firmware, FPGA, DSP, signal processing, haptic
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent required; graduate degree preferred