Lab Network Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Lab Network Engineer
- Configure and Operate engineering lab networks
- Support day-day operations and health of lab networks
- Develop tools and processes to proactively monitor, alert, and report on network performance.
- Partner with network security to ensure networks are deployed in accordance with standards.
- Schedule and perform maintenance including upgrades, migrations, and decommissioning of lab networks.
- Create deployment packages and maintain as-built documentation and asset database for deployed networks.
- Provide end-end design and implementation plan for new lab deployments to include hardware, network configuration, power, space, cooling, cabling, and network hardware.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Audit and document lab network infrastructure
- Travel (up to 80%) globally for meetings, technical reviews, audits, and onsite delivery activities.
- Extensive network discovery and audit experience
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and commonly-used routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
- Experience in working with Linux/Unix
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience with deploying and operating firewalls and security protocols
- Ability to automate and manage networks using languages such as Python
- 5+ years’ experience deploying, maintaining, and administering networks
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant network certifications (JNCIP/JNCIE, CCIE/ CCNP, RHCSA)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Preferred: Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including network racks, patch panels, power, cooling, and fiber-optic cabling
Education: BS in computer science, telecommunications engineering, or related discipline. Or equivalent experience.