Marketing Communications Manager
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Title: Marketing Communications Manager
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Manager to support our developer conference program management, and who brings a passion for our company and our technology.
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for marketing messaging, marketing plans, copy-writing and project management for specific areas of the event. In addition, you' ll be working cross-functionally with a number of people and teams across the company to drive the event. The right person is passionate about our company and our technology, and has strong marketing, communication and project management skills. This person thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments, enjoys working across a number of teams to create and execute marketing plans, and cares deeply about technology & innovation. He or she must have demonstrated experience driving complex cross-functional efforts, and exhibit excellent skills in project management, communication, creative marketing.
- Collaborates to develop and executive marketing strategies for specific areas.
- Crafts, delivers and executes marketing plans and strategy for key aspects, such as paid & organic media, website, app, and registration.
- Plan, coordinate & project manages specific areas of the conference with complex operational and strategic initiatives to get the work done.
- Leads key work streams such as ancillary event strategy & execution.
- Create & maintain documentation on processes for the work streams he or she owns.
- Helps manage internal communications by drafting posts in groups and keeping the necessary people updated.
- Partners closely with cross-functional teams across the company, including Product, Marketing, Policy, PR/Comms, Legal, Design, and more.
- Experience with a broad range of B2B and/or B2C marketing, including online and events
- Experience with marketing strategy and project management
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, and follow through with team members to achieve group as well as individual goals.
- Experience writing marketing copy specifically for digital marketing, websites, emails and other marketing communications
- Experience with channel marketing (email, ads, websites, etc)
- Strong ability to think creatively and strategically with a sharp eye for detail and proven project & time management skills
- Analytical skills and background, with ability to use data to power marketing decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Experience working in matrix and cross-functional organizations
BA/BS degree required
5 - 8 years professional experience in Marketing or Product Marketing in Internet and/or technology