Marketing Intelligence Business Analyst (NYC)
New York, New York | Contract
Title: Marketing Intelligence Business Analyst (NYC)
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Marketing Intelligence team in New York, NY. Our team provides scaled insights for clients globally, and partners with key teams including sales, marketing science, products teams, marketing to build the right insights.
A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, thorough understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, be self-sufficient, fast-paced, and have a passion for scaling operations through automation. This is a unique position where you will act as a multi -vertical expert and partner on providing business-level recommendations, but also operate independently on solving problems and playing with data.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to tell the story behind numbers and derive actionable insights for advertisers
- Understand digital media Industry trends, and develop in-depth, vertical-based insights that help drive value for advertisers and higher adoption for ad products
- Specialize in brand (upper funnel) & performance (lower funnel) metrics and advertising objectives
- Identify and analyze the most important metrics across program areas
- Be able to draw correlations between elements of campaign design, do predictive analysis and be able to articulate implications for clients
- Conceptualize and build dashboards that are simple, visually appealing, yet showcase a powerful story
- Be an expert in designing PowerPoint presentations that are succinct and crisp, with a balance of high-level insights for executives, and a detailed enough view for core teams
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results, yet demonstrate a team-player attitude
- Collaborate effectively with the core MI team, our audience and cross-channel partners
- Bachelor’ s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing/Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics)
- 3+ years’ work experience, with 2+ years’ of work experience in data analytics in a client facing role
- 2+ years’ hand-on experience in SQL
- Prior experience in data analytics and statistical programming with experience in using statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy etc.
- Experience leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Achieve power-user status on multiple tools
- Communication skills including presentation skills
- Background in digital media analytics