Mobile Operator Support Engineer
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Mobile Operator Support Engineering (MOSE) is a technical support team based in Singapore who support mobile operator partners. The team’ s work includes helping our partners to provide free basic internet access to those who have not internet access today. A large part of this work involves first line technical support to bring these Mobile Operator Partners through standard system configurations as well as test plans. We would like to move this work over to a contractor to allow the existing team to focus on deeper technical challenges the mobile operators are facing.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Onboard new Mobile Operators to the Mobile Partner Portal (MPP)
- Review and apply setting changes requested by Mobile Operators covering: Mobile operator profile settings, MCC-MNC, Carrier IPs, ASN and MPP user configuration
- Proactively reach out to Partner Mobile Carriers to ensure updated IP lists are applied correctly on the Mobile Operator’ s systems
- Monitor and maintain the Mobile Operator SIMs used for Zero Rating testing. This includes full SIM lifecycle management through commissioning, recharging and issue management
- Coordinating occasional Mobile Operator outreach in relation to specific team projects. This can include call scheduling, configuration testing and general configuration audits.
- Provide Assistance to Mobile Operator Support Engineers (MOSE) with technical support cases and troubleshooting.
- Working with MOSE Engineering team to manage and maintain CMS content for powering FAQs and docs on the MPP
- Identify workflow related problems and suggest improvements.
- Monitor group mailboxes.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technical support and willing to improve our customer' s experience with our front-line support team. Specifically we would like someone who has experience helping users to troubleshoot network connectivity issues and are comfortable working with IP addresses and other high level networking technologies. The preference would be for someone who has worked in an Internet Service Provider, Mobile Phone company or on an internal IT Helpdesk.
- 2+ years experience providing customer or enterprise support in a technical (preferably telecommunications) environment.
- Knowledge of Networking protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP) and working experience with IPv4/IPv6 is a Must.
- Highly detail focus, with an ability to execute standard workflows while also adapting appropriately when necessary.
- Collaborative team player with great personality and " can do attitude"
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Proficient in English.
- Ability to read and write technical manuals and documents.
- Basic understanding of telecom concepts such as SMS, VPN, Mobile data, roaming scenarios and GPRS call flows will be an added advantage.
- Experience with SIGOS/ HeadSpin or any other remote testing platform platform will be an added advantage.
BA/BS in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.