Operational Project Manager
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Job Title: Operational Project Manager
Duties: We are seeking a project/program manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role you will work closely with Data Center Managers, network engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and external partners to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will support our global networking team' s deployments and operations within production sites and experimental technology testbeds.
- Coordinate cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, logistics, supply chain, compliance, and infrastructure software engineering)
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams
- Provide hands on program and project management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Minimum 2 years as a business analyst with expertise in multiple requirement analysis techniques/methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks Cross-functional management skills.
- Strong systems development and deployment experience preferred
- This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA with limited travel required
Bachelor' s degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or technical field
Skills and Experience:
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT