Operations Project Manager - Connectivity
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Operations Program Manager – Connectivity Networks Deployment
We are seeking a program manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience, including deployment of optical and wireless network systems. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of production and experimental network deployment and operations. In this role, you will work closely with Edge & Network Services and Connectivity Programs managers, engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, external vendors, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will support Connectivity team’ s deployments, operations, and tooling. The program will support the growth, management, and upkeep of various team initiatives.
Limited travel required.
- Manage deployment, operations, tooling, and ongoing support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
- Take initiative in unclear, undefined, and dynamic situations to help stakeholders and partners define and subsequently realize goals.
- Manage highly cross-functional deployment and support projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (experimental products, data center, network, logistics, supply chain, software engineering).
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business processes and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Lead/Support all business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout.
- Organize and lead meetings with internal and external project members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Be independent, thorough, and results-orientated in examination and analysis.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.