Physician Liaison/Trainer - NextGen or Epic
Chicago, IL | Direct Hire
Title: Physician Liaison/Trainer - NextGen OR Epic
*This person will be the liaison between the Physicians and the NextGen OR Epic System - as a hybrid Systems Support/Trainer
General Summary/basic PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Physician IS Liaison will be responsible for building and maintaining an effective relationship between the Physicians and the Information Services Division. The scope includes all attending Physicians that practice, Resident physicians, Fellows and mid-level professionals, such as Nurse Practitioners, Dieticians, Physician Assistants, and other licensed clinicians. The Physician Liaison assists Physicians to make effective and meaningful use of the available information systems in their practice through assessment, monitoring and training. The Liaison develops and provides tools and services that empower Physicians to provide high quality care, through the use of information systems. The Liaison manages the Physician and Resident on-boarding process as it relates to the use of information systems by coordinating schedules and developing training curriculum as well as providing training in either a classroom or elbow-to-elbow setting.
· BACHELORS DEGREE IN A CLINICAL HEALTHCARE FIELD IS REQUIRED
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
· 3 YEARS WORKING IN A CLINICAL AREA IN A HOSPITAL.
· WORK INVOLVING regular INTERACTION WITH PHYSICIANS.
· USE OF HEALTHCARE INFORMATION SYSTEMS TO PERFORM WORK.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· KNOWLEDGE OF HOSPITAL PROCESSES AND PHYSICIAN RELATED WORK FLOW PREFERRED.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
· skill in developing and implementing effective and efficient processes.
· must be a self starter, detail oriented.
· Advanced knowledge of pc applications, such as word, excel, powerpoint and outlook