Programs Community Management Contractor
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Title: Programs Community Management Contractor
We are looking for a contractor who is experienced and passionate about community management and developer advocacy. The ideal candidate will have experience managing and moderating online communities at an agency or in-house, with a familiarity with startup and developer ecosystems. We are looking for an individual who can monitor and actively engage with our online communities of developers, working to grow engagement and overall positive experience through active moderation and community building tactics. This person understands how to promote healthy community and dialogue, can act independently to respond to community issues, and can think strategically about ways to improve community engagement over time. He or she must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams, vendors, and agencies. This person must be proactive, analytical, and display strong communication and organizational skills.
- Develop a community management strategy for Developer Circles online Group communities around the world to promote active engagement.
- Actively moderate Groups for questions, developer challenges, and opportunities to provide direct support.
- Develop weekly community health reports to brief XFN teams on updates and ecosystem health.
- Support the development of a direct support tool through Group commenting to direct developer tickets to relevant internal teams.
- Work with global working team to establish monitoring system for non-English speaking questions and comments in select Groups as relevant.
- 2+ years experience in online community management and moderation either in-agency or in-house
- Experience building online communities, preferably with technical & global audiences
- Strong project management and communication skills, will the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of developer/startup ecosystem
- Self starter, flexible thinker, with a passion for creating strong community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Keynote
- Team oriented— someone that is motivated by helping others as much as they are motivated about excelling in their individual role
Education: Bachelors Degree