Senior DevOps Engineer (Securities)
Chicago, IL | Direct Hire
Must have Solid Scripting Experience
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Client’ s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
Our team is searching for a Sr. Linux/ DevOps Engineer to help expand our technical operations. We have a small and highly experienced technology team that has a close working relationship with our traders and quantitative research team. This role will require deep collaboration with the development team and traders on operations and support of a complex electronic trading system.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and initiative-taking ability. The incumbent must be a self motivated engineer and be able to thrive in a fast pacing, demanding environment.
If you aspire to:
- Be a Front Office Engineer and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Research, Business Analysts and Trading Desk personnel.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core trading applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
- Provide all aspects of support (including off-hours, when necessary) for Trading Platform
- Manage issues to resolution, focus on delivering a high platform uptime
- Actively monitor the platform and respond to alerts immediately. Escalate issues as necessary
- Work on tactical development, tools development for the support, traders and business.
- Work collaboratively with equities traders and other IT staff
- 5+ years of experience managing production support functions
- 6-8 years UNIX/Linux, Perl, Python, Scripting, problem solving
- 5+ years of experience writing and troubleshooting SQL queries
- Hands one experience and understanding of TCP/UDP, IP protocol
- Experience with FIX protocol and with Order Management Systems
- Experience of C++ is not required, but highly desirable
- Familiarity with financial and trading concepts
- Strong critical reasoning skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Education: Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding work environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s) he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.