Senior Network Support Engineer
Santa Clara, CA | Direct Hire
Senior Network Support Engineer
We are looking for passionate, tech-savvy and empathetic problem solvers to join our support team. This customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of customers, partners and internal teams providing opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting, testing, implementing Linux based networking products involving virtualization, cloud and security infrastructure in datacenters, private, public or hybrid cloud. You must be highly observant and skilled in detection to resolve customer issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, the ability to think differently, genuine desire to help people do their best, learn from others and take pride in doing excellent work. Successful candidates should also be able to manage a diverse number of work items and be able to prioritize and multitask effectively throughout the working day.
- Receive technically complex customer issues and maintain ownership of issue and customer communication until resolved completely.
- Solve highly complex problems involving in-depth product knowledge
- Interact with DevOps as needed to resolve complex customer issues.
- Act as technical lead, mentor, and role model on a team of engineers; provide direction to others, review solutions and articles, etc. Mentor new Support Engineers.
- Develop and deliver technical training to other engineers.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- Build support lab environment to reproduce, analyze and test customer issues and fixes in real-time
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions.
- Write complex technical articles, sample scripts and diagnostic rules to improve engineer and customer product knowledge and supportability.
- Assist with selection of new team members.
- Monitor alerts/alarms raised by monitoring tools for customer deployment; do the initial diagnosis and create tickets as done for customer-reported issues
- Participate in on-call rotation after business hours (weekday / weekend)
- Work on normal priority issues and participate in customer onboarding activities as we build the team
- Bachelor’ s in Computer Science / Engineering
- 4-5 years relevant experience in Support, QA or Professional Services
- Prior experience as network support engineer handling US customers
- Strong experience in supporting complex, enterprise networking products and networking operating systems esp. Linux.
- Solid hands-on working knowledge must include a combination of:
- Networking – Firewalls, Routing/Switching/VLANs, Proxies/ Load Balancers, TCP/IP, WAN & LAN Protocols, DHCP, DNS
- Read and analyze network traces
- Virtualization and containers – VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, OpenStack
- Cloud knowledge – AWS, Azure
- Logging systems – Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Scripting with Python
- Extensive experience in creating lab environment and writing complex technical articles
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and interact with cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Networking certifications CCNP or JNCIP and QA experience a plus
- Programming and debugging skills a plus