Senior System Test Engineer
Palo Alto, CA | Direct Hire
Job Description – Senior System Test Engineer
The candidate will be part of a test team responsible for testing a virtualized switching system. The position primarily requires design, implementation and maintenance of development test network consisting of switches, routers, web applications, packetbrokers, configuration management systems, virtualized servers, desktops and traffic generators.
The person will be working closely with engineering development and test teams to deploy latest software features and hardware platforms in the test network to discover defects and monitor performance of the network. The candidate is also required to develop comprehensive test plans and automated tests. The candidate should be able to setup test equipment in the lab, use third party network test tools, debug complex networking and server virtualization problems to isolate bugs from desired behavior.
• BS/MS in EE/CS or related fields plus 5/10 years of experience in multiple of the following areas
• Advance knowledge in Ethernet switching, IP routing protocols, network management and security required.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting servers, switches and routers in real network deployments is required.
• Strong Server virtualization and Linux/BSD/UNIX administration skills required.
• Experience with configuring, troubleshooting and testing complex multi chasis networking hardware platforms is required.
• Test automation with Selenium or programming skills in Python, Perl, TCL, Shell or C is required. Java is a plus.
• Extensive experience testing L2/L3 technologies such as VxLAN, RSTP/MSTP, LACP, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, PIM and IGMP is required.
• Deep TCP and Packet Analytic experience is highly desired.
• Ability to use open source and third party test tools such as Ixia/Spirent for networking is a plus.
• Strong understanding of virtualized deployments of compute and storage (VMware) is required.
• Experience in testing web based technologies with understanding of REST API desired.
• Familiarity with testing of Kafka / ElasticSearch based technologies is desired.
• Testing of Configuration Managements system is desired.
• Understanding / Experience in Ansible and or equivalent technologies is desired.
• Track record with innovation and out-of-box thinking is a plus.
• Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Candidate must be a self starter, self motivated and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.