Sensor Characterization Engineer
Redmond, WA | Contract
Title: Sensor Characterization Engineer
- Collaborate closely with internal design team, computer vision scientists, optical experts and system architects
- Develop and implement sensor characterization plan for standard and novel sensors & technologies.
- Develop and implement standard and novel light projection systems
- Responsible for lab operations, test bench and optical equipment
- Responsible for data collection, processing algorithm development, and test automation
- Responsible for sensor debugging, design of experiments to solve complicate issues
- Deep knowledge of sensor fundamentals, operation and performance metrics
- Deep knowledge of optics, radiometry, photometry and image analysis
- Experience working in a state of the art electro-optical laboratory environment
- Strong programming skills: C/C++, Matlab, Python, LabView, and similar, etc
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive optimal system solutions
Advanced degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, computer science, optics, or similar.
4+ years industry experience