Sr. Software Engineer
Chicago, IL | Direct Hire
We' re looking for promising software developers with a passion for mastering new technology. Our stack is heavy on server side technologies - mostly Java and Rails oriented, but that doesn' t stop us from using the right language or tool to solve a particular problem. We use Ruby to drive browser and API tests of our Java applications, build Fitnesse suites to organize our Scala-based integration tests and use C# to connect our applications to our clients' Windows-based ecosystems.
* Develop software with high autonomy, pairing when appropriate.
* Work with QA to write unit tests, UI tests and integration tests to prove your code works.
* Contribute to a friendly, team-oriented atmosphere.
* Stay on top of developments in the industry.
* Communicate effectively, especially when shaping the direction our technology should take.
Some examples of current projects are working on include: writing an accounting engine flexible enough to handle the needs of hundreds of clients, implementing a distributed cache to improve application performance and perfecting a mobile application that will allow our clients to access their data when and where they want.
Technologies in use:
* Third-party products: Oracle, ElasticSearch, Amazon Web Services, Infinispan, Ehcache, RabbitMQ
* Frameworks: Rails, Stripes, Guice, RSpec, Hibernate, jQuery, Fitnesse, Angular.js
* Systems Automation: Puppet, Hiera, MCollective, Cloudstack, Jenkins
Experience and Skills:
Qualifications & Experience:
You' ll be able to demonstrate you can code in a practical interview, and you are comfortable with the idea of getting your hands dirty in every aspect of an end-to-end software creation process. If any of the following describe you, you' ll probably be a great fit:
* You' re a seasoned software professional, looking for a place you can perfect your craft amongst friendly and supportive co-workers.
* You’ re starting your career as a developer and you’ ll benefit from patient mentors.
* Writing beautiful code is a passion of yours and you want to show the world.