Technical Program Manager (User Trials)
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Title: Technical Program Manager (User Trials)
This group brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance the mission of connecting the world.
We seek a Technical Program Manager (User Trials) who will be responsible for scoping and delivering large user trial projects end-to-end.
- Build and execute comprehensive User Trial schedules and plans, managing any needed changes to those plans appropriately.
- Prepare regular readouts summarizing User Trial status and feedback
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Be the champion to drive quality and improve our user experiences.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in technical program management.
- Knowledgeable in the practical application of program management principles and tools.
- Experience managing projects in large scale mobile or web applications.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Experience in delivery and commercialization in consumer electronics.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience planning and executing user trials (aka " dogfooding") of consumer electronics
- Experience debugging technical issues that cross boundaries between hardware and software
- Collaboration skills, driven by working closely with engineering, product management, program management, and supply chain teams.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.