Technical Writer III
Redmond, WA | Contract
Title: Technical Writer III
Would like to have a Research Librarian with Technical Writing background.
Some of the immediate work that needs to be accomplished:
• Flowchart and directory structure for how documents are stored— and setup those structures
o This will include tools such as Dropbox, Sharepoint, Quip, Confluence, etc.
o Things like project files, BOM materials, new hire documents, etc.
• Do deep dives into tool structures to evaluate usage and map out work flows o Teamcenter/NX, Agile, Altium, etc.
• Assess various toolsets for things like bug management, program management, etc.
• Develop lightweight solutions approval chains and tracking of specific documents.
- Write, edit, organize, and manage documentation for a complex and highly technical project.
- Ensure all papers, contracts, project overviews, and additional planning docs are properly archived and kept up-to-date.
- Research, organize, and maintain our document repository. Consolidate old repository structures or create a new one, evangelize the updates and intended uses, and maintain the new structure as needed.
- Organize and catalogue relevant research papers.
- Write, update, and maintain key project overview documents. Design directions change daily, so on a weekly basis ensure key documents are kept up-to-date.
- Write, edit, and catalog key contractual documents such as SOW’ s or service agreements. Review documents with in-house legal to ensure they will meet our project team’ s needs.
- Write, edit, or update papers and patents about key technology advancements under the guidance of a lead researcher.
- Create and maintain document templates and internal writing guides and standards.
- Attend and write meeting minutes as needed by team.
- Research/investigate different areas of research, development, and manufacturing including and not limited to documentation, software, hardware, manufacturing, and all processes related.
- Have experience as a technical writer
- Must understand how to research a topic, gather and prioritize information/data, and document and/or communicate results
- Experience with cloud file storage (Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, etc…)
- Experience with online collaborations tools (Office 365, Sharepoint, Confluence, Quip, etc.)
- Experience using multiple Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Communicate positively and effectively
- Can multitask and switch priorities based on direction from team
- Flexible to take on any task
- Work effectively and independently in an ambiguous environment
- Raise issues as they arise
- Experience or knowledge in PLM and PDM systems such as TeamCenter + NX and Agile
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, OmniPlan, or others
Education: College graduate