Telecommunications/Networking Technical Writer
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Job Title: Telecommunications/Networking Technical Writer
Duties: As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external telecommunications and/or networking technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests. Your duties include:
- - Creating and maintaining internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used within our the telecommunications and networking space.
- - Working closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- - Designing, writing, and editing technical and process documentation.
- - Navigating through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android.
- - Creating and maintaining code sample fragments and sample apps.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for an end-user and/or developer audience.
- 2+ years experience with a programming language such as C++ and C.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- The ability to produce and organize content with a logical flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
Education: BA/BS degree in computer engineering, computer science, telecommunications, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry or equivalent experience.
Skills and Experience:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor' s Degree