Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Job Title: UX Researcher Duties:
Our mission is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. On the Business Platform team, our focus is to strengthen relationships between people and businesses, whether these businesses are brands, small businesses, publishers, celebrities, creators or makers. Our vision:
- * Consumers can find businesses organically or through advertising, and once connected, can have meaningful interactions on our platform (communicating, buying products and services, etc.)
- * Ads, across all surfaces, are just as relevant and engaging as organic content
- * Advertisers consider us to be essential to their own success
Possible research topics could include understanding how businesses and consumers communicate with each other, testing ad formats with consumers to evaluate value and usability, identifying advertising goals of small businesses and the results they expect and want from us, and understanding advertiser pain points with our ad creation tools.
Types of work may include usability testing, surveys, field studies, diary studies, etc., both for the U.S market and strategic international markets.
Researcher is expected to be present at our Menlo Park office to facilitate stakeholder engagement, with some flexibility (e.g. remote work a few days a week is acceptable). Some travel is expected.
- Design research studies that address consumer behavior and attitudes and the needs and behaviors of businesses on our platform
- Employ creative and innovative research methods to understand the needs of both consumers and businesses
- Generate insights that fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or a related field (e.g. Human-Centered Design) & 3+ years experience in applied product research; or BA/BS degree in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) & 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Previous experience conducting research on advertising at an advertising agency, in house at a company, or as a consultant a plus.
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, from interviews to focus groups to usability to basic survey design + analysis
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Experience communicating with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or a related field (e.g. Human-Centered Design) & 3+ years experience in applied product research
BA/BS degree in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) & 5+ years experience in applied product research
Languages: English Read Write Speak Attachments:
Skills and Experience Skills: Required
- USABILITY TESTING
- AND MARKETING
- HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
- USABILITY TEST
English( Speak, Read, Write )
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor' s Degree