Windows System Engineer - Security Tools
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Title: Security Tools System Admin
- Provide L1 and L2 level support.
- Create automated install recipes and implement integrity checks for services (using Chef and Selenium equivalent)
- Create working system level backups and applications that serve a large and distributed set of sites.
- Verify and validate Windows based systems and services
- Restoring applications/systems/services from backups
- Create health monitors for Windows based services
- Leveraging monitoring tools such as, but not limited to: Nagios, SCOM
- Work with PowerShell and build automation tools, to scale the infrastructure, implement continuous monitoring and provide a highly automated application patching/upgrades
Security Tools System Admin consisting of:
- DR/BCP fundamentals, with practical application
- Experience troubleshooting systems including Win Server 2008/2012/2016 and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, PKI/Certificate life cycle management
- Experience with firewalls and network security
- Experience managing distributed, database-backed applications on Windows
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysON clustering.
- Experience with products in Physical Security space (eg. Genetec, CCURE, Traka, BioConnect)
- Scripting in Python
- Scripting in Powershell