Wireless Systems Test & Validation Engineer
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Title: Wireless Systems Test and Validation engineer
- Design and execute engineering validation test plan to test performance and reliability of a millimeter wave wireless mesh network.
- Determine millimeter wave RF characteristics and performance in real world network topology.
- Provide in depth network testing to validate performance of layers 1-3 of the wireless mesh network.
- Design test plan to encompass component level and end-to-end connectivity testing to ensure wireless mesh network meet the strict performance and reliability requirements of ISP.
- Comprehensive documentation of results and bugs discovered during engineering validation test plan.
- Work with SW and HW engineering teams to iterate on hardware and software designs.
- Work cross-functionally with local engineering, deployment/operations team, and OEM vendors to design, test, and debug validation test plan.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience in leading the design, validation, and certifying of wireless communications devices for deployments in large ISP networks.
- Strong experience in RF wireless communications design and validation. Experience should include working with wireless technologies including beamforming, MIMO, and extensively knowledge of the 802.11 PHY and MAC layers.
- Strong experience with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
- Experience working with RF system integration and analysis of RF propagation.
- Experience working with ISP for deployment of new hardware into their network in a first office application trial.
- Experience working investigating external and internal interference.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Solid understanding of working in Linux and Python.
- Experience working with 802.11AD and 60GHz is a plus.
Education: college required