(IS/IT) - Business Analyst
1 Astellas Way Northbrook, IL 60062
PURPOSE & SCOPE: The Data Analyst, RWI&A is responsible for supporting the RWI analytics team in preparing data for analytics and developing visualization tools for presenting analytics to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Standardizing client data to be used by the Analytics team for modeling.
- Using customer data to build segmentation profiles that assist analytics team in modeling efforts
- Building and customizing dynamic reports and dashboards using visualization applications
- Able to identify, recommend and implement better options to provide data as well as automate design and delivery of ongoing tasks
- Participates in cross functional team environments and handles a variety of concurrent projects
- Identify best practices and champions best practices and encourages innovation
- Maintains technical expertise on RWI&A systems and increases organizational efficiencies
- Reduce outsourcing of RWI&A projects and increase regional efficiency
- Identify new applications of existing data
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Reports to Director, RWI & Analytics, US Regional Liaisons
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years SQL experience strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient with Excel reporting.
- Tableau, Qliksense or other visualization tool experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years statistical analysis and design experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior
- Proficient in SAS, R, or Python
- In-depth knowledge to Real World datasets within the United States (Optum, Humedica, IMS Health, Symphony, Truven,
- GEHealth, and others)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Experience programming in a Hadoop environment
- Working experience with market structure, patient flows, segmentation, adherence, and other applications are highly
- Experience in a consulting firm