DataOps Engineer - Sydney
Level 18, 77 King Street Sydney, Australia NSW 2000 | Contract
Data Operations Engineer
The Data Operations Team is responsible for supporting hundreds of data pipelines. Our primary responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. We work on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We use a lot of internal Customer tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly. We will give you an opportunity to work on interesting BI operations engineering projects that optimize the processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on alerts and monitoring, auto-remediation, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers and improve efficiency
- You will be part of the global BI Operations team
- You will be working closely with BI Data Engineers and BI Platform Engineers.
- You will be working on engineering projects to build monitoring and automation solutions.
- You will be providing operation support for hundreds of data pipelines.
- You will be part of the on-call rotation.
- You will work with Data and always look for processes optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for customer’ s needs.
Looking for Full Stack Software Engineers or Software Engineers
- 1-2+ years professional experience
- Technical degrees (CS / Math / Physics / Sciences) a strong plus, but work experience can substitute liberal degrees
- Front end development (React or HTML/CSS)
- Server side experience (PHP / Hack)
- Elastic search
- GraphQL experience
- RESTful API development experience
- Backend experience with SQL / Non-relational databases
- Experience reviewing other engineers code and providing critical feedback
- Experience with version control systems (Git / Mercurial)
- Supplemental language experience that would be " nice to haves", but HTML/CSS/React/PHP are core
- Object Oriented design knowledge and implementation experience
- Familiar with Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience working with and designing/deploying ORMs (object-relational mappings)
- System architecture design is a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Self-starter and independent, willing to seek out to-dos in a startup environment
- Willing to take ownership and push on original ideas