Business Analyst I
Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont, CA 94555
Job Title: Business Analyst I
Focus on improving operations that involve information technology. Offers consultation to management to help the company become more effective.
Analyze the hardware, software, and IT services being employed in a company.
Analyses will have to be carried out in order to determine areas that need improvement.
Strong research skills in order to determine the latest trends and solutions.
Make suggestions as to what should be changed regarding company IT policies, IT structure, and IT operations.
Should carry out problem-solving techniques in order to come up with a solution when problems are detected. Should continue to monitor solutions to analyze their efficiency and to make continuous improvements when solutions are implemented.
Knowledge of SQL is important, in order to be able to analyze data from databases.
The business analyst should be able to carry out analyses, such as cost benefit analyses. Strong mathematical skills are essential.
Presentation and report-making skills are important in order to present the findings to upper management.
- Ability to use VLOOKUP, pivot table and other functions in Microsoft Excel proficiently.
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
- Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Project or intern experience in inventory control or material management.
- Ability to run basic SQL queries and build Tableau dashboard
Education: Bachelors degree in engineering, industrial engineering, supply chain management, business or economics majors.