1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Job Title: Business Analyst
- Develop Presto, Oracle, MySQL, and Hive queries to aid in deployment or operation of infrastructure.
- Build python driven pipelines to support forecast, deployment and operational dashboards.
- Identify bad data within databases and tools. Assist with developing methods to safely and procedurally clean or backfill data.
- Build and support various dashboards through internal tools or third-party applications such as Tableau.
- Blend data between varying warehouses and tools to provide consolidated locations for relevant data.
- Improve internal tools and their utility by analyzing backend data sources.
- Assist with creation of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and measurable metrics
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Use data, research, and collaboration to identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Data Science or Analytics with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Minimum 2 years as a business analyst with expertise in multiple requirement analysis techniques/methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with languages such as Presto, Oracle, Hive development experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Strong systems development and deployment experience preferred
Education:: Bachelors degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or technical field (preferred)