Data Engineer III
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Data Engineer III
- Serve as the data engineering expert on the team and develop/own/maintain complex data pipeline infrastructure
- Craft optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and ETL pipelines
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Able to gather relevant context on business needs, and tie them back to data engineering solutions
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products
- Communicate and influence strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and leadership
- Drive internal process improvements and automating manual processes for data quality
- 3+ years experience in writing SQL and custom ETL processes.
- 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 2+ years working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- 2+ years dashboard development in Tableau
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Knowledge in Python or Java
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad variety of audiences
- Experience in version control tools such as Mercurial or Github
Education: BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics