Design Program Manager
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
We are looking for an experienced and passionate DPM for the Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning team. This is a industry-leading opportunity and where you will have enormous impact based on scale. Prior experience in AI and Machine Learning is NOT a pre-requisite, though certainly a plus, and strong curiosity about this emerging field is crucial. This DPM will collaborate not only with design leaders in Product Design and Research, but also XFN partners who are developing cutting edge new technologies. By supporting the various aspects of the product teams, you will enable teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products. You will improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. Finally, you' ll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact, and you' ll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
Program Definition and Execution
- Identify and drive product initiatives forward that have multiple senior stakeholders and many moving parts
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve design team efficiency and impact
- Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear next steps and owners and resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
- Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, product design, user research and content strategy to ensure a smooth product development process
- Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution
- Establish communication structure to report out updates, progress and status with task forces or leads on the team so everyone understands role and expectations
- Manage program communication and proactively connect with partners in other offices or disciplines to make them aware of the programs and how they can provide support
- Build impactful relationships and serve as a dependable point of contact across the product design, research, and content strategy teams and cross-functional partners you' re working with in all offices
- Establish and execute activities that build team culture and community, team values and trust, and help individuals tie their work back to mission
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a digital producer, project manager or program manager with a background establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Successful in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions
- Experience communicating with data to drive change
- Bachelors degree required.