1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Title: Event Manager
This role is responsible for managing marketing events under the direction of a Global Event Manager. The role will work with internal partners to flawlessly execute events and ensure client expectations are met. The role will manage events from start to finish, which includes: sourcing venues, caterers, and production vendors; accurately forecast needs and manage event budgets for promotional materials, catering, venues, and other event production needs; maintaining event registration lists and attendee communication; route invoices and record payments accurately into budget trackers; coordinating on-site vendors; ensure clients needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Source event vendors and needs, including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, create event execution and work back plans, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- Frequent travel required throughout North America
Education:: BA/BS degree preferred