35 Stillman St San Francisco, CA 94107
The Events Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an events strategy to support corporate lead generation and brand awareness goals. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a variety of events, including dinners, conferences, tradeshows and webinars. This Manager will know how to connect the event outcomes with business goals and shift any strategies accordingly. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to build and events strategy from the bottom up.
Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, this position is located in San Francisco, CA.
*Position requires 20% travel
- Select events that align with corporate strategy to achieve business goals, including conferences, tradeshows, roadshows, webinars, etc.
- Manage event participation/sponsorship contracts and fulfillment of deliverables, including booth selection, lead retrieval, bag drops, content, advertisements, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Develop and execute integrated plan for each event which includes internal kickoff, booth and overall onsite experience, staffing, on-site logistics, internal goal alignment and postmortem
- Run individual event budgets, with focus on delivering high quality leads and generating pipeline, while maximizing the value of each event
- Ensure event logistics, services, and shipping are handled on time and within budget
- Partner with demand generation on pre- and post-event campaign deliverables
- Partner with the sales team to drive on-site meetings as needed
- Supervise the handoff of leads to sales, ensuring hot leads are bubbled up promptly
- Support creative team on various elements of event design and experience
- Coordinate external vendor relationships, inclusive of negotiating budgets and contracts
- Project manage webinars, including securing speakers, online logistics, driving attendance and managing implementation day of event
- 5+ years of B2B event marketing, preferably in SaaS business environment
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Strong ability to operate in a start-up environment and manage a high-volume event calendar
- Outstanding organization skills and be deadline and schedule oriented, yet able to flex with dynamically changing priorities
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Motivated, results-oriented, multi-tasking go-getter up to the challenge of a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, self-starter
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong collaboration skills: will be required to coordinate closely with multiple teams that are geographically dispersed
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and potentially event management platforms