Events Coordinator and Data Entry III
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
This role is responsible for managing Diversity events under the direction of the Head of Diversity Engagement. The role will manage small/medium sized Diversity events by ensuring that the project scope is fully detailed, and ensure steps are taken and resources are properly allocated for flawless event execution. The role will assist with event coordination which includes: securing rooms, caterers, transportation for events through internal tools, obtaining materials, maintaining event check lists and attendee communication; coordinating on-site vendors; ensure teams needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Work with Program Leads and external events teams to plan and execute medium sized events. Coordinate the internal logistics related to events.
- Manage Internal cross-functional teams, external suppliers and vendors which may include an events vendors, hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event. Evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks
- Attention to detail and program documentation skills
- Communication, relationship building, consulting, and teamwork skills
- Ability to suggest improvements or new ideas to processes related to Diversity events
- Create process documentation for Program owners
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- Manage program meetings, schedules, milestones and delivery
- Other administrative tasks and ad hoc requests as needed.
Microsoft Excel Word Excellent verbal and written communication