FATP Operations Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) Team has the responsibility for evaluating technologies and identifying supply chain solutions that allow R&D to deliver products to market at scale. R&D seeks a FATP Operations Engineer focused on manufacturing and factory operations. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. The role of a FATP Operations engineer must be led by someone who is both technically proficient to work with the engineering design teams, but also experienced in supply chain and manufacturing to bring that hardware process and technology into the mass production. Specific hardware development and manufacturing process bring up is required and the candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of FATP components and systems, understanding key factors in both the development, qualification, and manufacturing aspects of final products. Your role will be to act as the interface between Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams to implement and execute comprehensive FATP solutions for our products.
This is a Contractor position.
- Drive FATP manufacturing qualification including factory yields, UPH, efficiency & utilization targets, product repair and rework-ability metrics
- Responsible for production line qualifications, pack-out design and tooling development, factory device and module traceability in NPI & sustaining production phase
- Responsible for manufacturing process development, process control, and mechanical fixture/automation tool development and qualification
- Drive DFx (Rework-ability, manufacturability, cost, poke-yoke) initiatives and conduct manufacturability & DFM assessments including FMEA and Fit check mock-up builds
- Collaborate with MFG test engineering & manufacturing partners to qualify test station & on-device software calibrations
Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
**Please note there will be 30-40% taveling internationally**
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience in FATP manufacturing, production line qualifications in NPI & sustaining phase.
- Knowledgeable in yield bring up, floor layout planning, line balancing and UPH planning
- Direct experience with two or more of the following manufacturing engineering aspects: fixture design and development, process engineering, factory automation, CCD based inspection systems
- Experience with domestic and/or international tooling vendors and tooling related supply chain
- Understanding of fundamental considerations of building hardware and tooling technologies
- Experiences in multiple consumer electronic product launches and factory operations
- Strong background in CCDs software algorithm optimizations, automation assembly and tool development
- Strong ability & experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Can-do attitude with the ability to drive results, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in others
Education:: BS or MS degree in engineering or related field