Failure Analysis Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Failure Analysis Engineer
- Perform detailed root cause analysis on technically complex failures
- Identify and define appropriate characterization techniques to solve complex problems
- Cross-correlate data from various techniques to drive towards conclusions.
- Hands-on work with various tools including optical microscopy, X-RAY radiography, material characterization, and chemical composition techniques.
- At least 3+ years of hands-on experience in advanced material analysis using different techniques. We are looking for a specialist who knows not only how to measure data using a suite of techniques but also can cross-correlate the data and present interpretations focused on the outstanding issue
- Adhere to best of class lab practices. Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment, manage sample inventory, follow all lab health and safety regulations
- Proficiency in the bulk and surface characterization techniques. We want data-oriented approach to solve problems not just showing characterization data using different techniques.
- Understanding of the properties of broad spectrum of materials such as plastics, polymers, ceramics, metals and alloys.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical components.
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work cross-functional with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Master’ s in physics, chemistry, materials science, or related field