IT Field Support
44480 Hastings Drive Ashburn, VA 20147 | Contract
Title: IT Field Support
- Provides technical help desk support on hardware and software to end users
- Troubleshoots Mac and Windows software and hardware for end users via phone, email, and service desk walk-ups.
- Troubleshoots iPhone and Android mobile phones, and other related hardware in-office, such as printers.
- Sets up mobile phone Exchange email, VPN, and internet access for users via secure company network.
- Provisions new equipment for end users. Trains new hires on new software and technology related procedures to secure a swift onboarding process.
- Performs set-ups, break-downs, and transports of equipment, such as monitors and desks on an as-needed basis for new and existing end users.
- Examines, designs, and implements new internal procedures to improve office procedures.
- Provides overall management in daily administration, asset distribution, and shipping.
- Manages warehouse inventory to facilitate proper handling and distribution of merchandise.
- Images Mac and Windows laptops.
- Manages and troubleshoots audiovisual software, hardware, and equipment to ensure teleconferencing and videoconferencing calls run smoothly.
- Oversees the replenishment and allocation of inventory to their appropriate locations.
- 3-5 years end user support/desktop support experience
- Complete understanding of Microsoft Outlook client (Windows & Mac) and the Microsoft Office Suite, with experience resolving complex problems and assisting users with advanced functionality.
- Applied experience with Microsoft Exchange and other Microsoft technologies including a firm understanding of Active Directory is key.
- Comprehensive understanding of Mac OS from command line troubleshooting to resolving individual application failures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows is a plus, in issues ranging from resolving registry conflicts to troubleshooting system crashes and performance issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting Windows and OSX Operating Systems, desktops, and printers/ print servers.
- Agile and exhibits a strong sense of urgency.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills, motivated by complete customer satisfaction.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Excellent task management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with relentless follow-up.
- Loves working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking. Bold problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to remote offices for end user and project support.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
Education: BS in any technology related discipline a plus, but not required.