IT Field Support
San Francisco, California 94105 | Contract
Job Title: IT Field Support
Essential Functions: Provides computer help desk support and technical training on hardware and software to end users Troubleshoots Mac and Windows software and hardware for end users via phone, email, and service desk walk-ups. Troubleshoots iPhone and Android mobile phones, and other related hardware in-office, such as printers. Sets up mobile phone Exchange email, VPN, and internet access for users via secure company network. Provisions new equipment for end users. Trains new hires on new software and technology related procedures to secure a swift onboarding process. Performs set-ups, break-downs, and transports of equipment, such as monitors and desks on an as-needed basis for new and existing end users. Examines, designs, and implements new internal procedures to improve office procedures. Provides overall management in daily administration, asset distribution, and shipping. Manages warehouse inventory to facilitate proper handling and distribution of merchandise. Images Mac and Windows laptops. Manages and troubleshoots audiovisual software, hardware, and equipment to ensure teleconferencing and videoconferencing calls run smoothly. Oversees the replenishment and allocation of inventory to their appropriate locations.
- Qualifications: 3-5 years end user support/desktop support experience
- Complete understanding of Microsoft Outlook™ client (Windows & Mac) and the Microsoft Office Suite, with experience resolving complex problems and assisting users with advanced functionality.
- Applied experience with Microsoft Exchange™ and other Microsoft technologies including a firm understanding of Active Directory is key. Comprehensive understanding of Mac OS from command line troubleshooting to resolving individual application failures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows is a plus, in issues ranging from resolving registry conflicts to troubleshooting system crashes and performance issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting Windows and OSX Operating Systems, desktops, and printers/ print servers.
- Agile and exhibits a strong sense of urgency.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills, motivated by complete customer satisfaction.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Excellent task management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with relentless follow-up.
- Loves working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Bold problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to remote offices for end user and project support.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
Education:: College degree or relevant experience in the technology field