Infrastructure Strategy Data Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
We are looking for a Data Engineer with the Software Engineering chops to not only build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also to build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company' s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers • Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP
- Build framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for your pipelines
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 5+ years of Python development experience. Experience with more than 1 language is preferred
- 5+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc.) experience
- 2+ years of Data Modeling
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- 5+ years of experience in custom or structured (i.e. Informatica/Ab Initio/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience working with either a MapReduce or a MPP system on any size/scale.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
Education: BS or MS in CE/EE/CSE or computational sciences