Infrastructure Strategy Data Engineer
1101 Westlake Ave N Seattle, Washington 98109 | Contract
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP
- Build framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for your pipelines
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 5+ years of Python development experience. Experience with more than 1 language is preferred
- 5+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc.) experience
- 2+ years of Data Modeling
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- 5+ years of experience in custom or structured (i.e. Informatica/Ab Initio/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience working with either a MapReduce or a MPP system on any size/scale.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
Education:: BS or MS in CE/EE/CSE or computational sciences