Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Title: Network Engineer IV
- Experience with NOC environments and working to SLAs
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with programming/scripting languages is strongly desired
- Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor
- Experience with work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Networks and POP architecture.
- Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system
- Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with service providers and colocation facilities around the world
- Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
- Certification such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Weekend and shift may be required
Education: Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.