Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
The most qualified Network Engineer will
• Install, configure, and support a large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, load balancers, and optical transport equipment.
• Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center campus
• Troubleshoot network hardware and software, working with 3rd party hardware vendors and suppliers on root cause analysis and resolution.
• Troubleshoot and repair local and long haul circuits, working with both internal resources and 3rd party vendors to isolate and resolve cabling issues.
• Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
• Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
• Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
• Maintain documentation and perform asset management of networking hardware including physical audits.
• Experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and network devices.
• Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
• Proficiency in Linux operating system and experience with load-balancing technologies
• Solid understanding of copper cabling and fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
• Solid understanding of data center design, infrastructure, and operational best practices
• Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments with limited supervision
• Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
• Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired
• Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs. on a daily basis.
Education: Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.