Procurement Team Lead
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Organize, lead and manage a team of Procurement Specialists in full accordance with client’ s purchasing policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and expectations.
- Manage the assigned team to make sure they follow uniform processes.
- Provide guidance to the team for the efficient and adequate management of end-to-end Procure-to-Pay process including supplier on boarding, data validation, purchase requisitions, approvals, purchase orders, change requests, reporting and analysis.
- Manage, mentor, and periodically evaluate the performance of individual Procurement Specialists in accordance with client’ s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for teams’ performance including SLAs and KPIs.
- Responsible for quality and timely issuance of purchase orders. Review, update, and maintain purchase orders until they are closed.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving purchase requisitions for quality.
- Responsible for producing Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Metrics for Procurement Operations and Vendor Management teams.
- Responsible for publishing weekly status reports for procurement team and stakeholders.
- Implement process changes and improvements within the business, cross-functional teams and Procurement Specialists.
- Perform other duties such as transactional procurement activities, as needed and directed by the Procurement Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the adequate management of escalations to resolve all purchasing and payment issues.
- Responsible for the training of the procurement team and business in strategies, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Collect and verify monthly accrual amounts from suppliers for FP&A.
- Perform root cause analysis for defective invoices and train suppliers on proper invoicing procedures to reduce recurring issues.
- Responsible for appropriate communication between procurement specialist, business, buyers, finance, vendor manger and suppliers.
- Responsible for creating budget codes and agile part numbers accurately in the system.
- Assist Procurement Operations Manager with projects. Manage a strict timeline for deliverables.
- Responsible for the training of the procurement specialist and business in strategies, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in new purchasing tool requirements gathering process, test products, and provide meaningful feedback to drive enhancements.
- Report all bugs to IT, keep track of the issues and ensure they are resolved timely.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clear communication of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Actively manage the procurement Wiki page - promote and champion the use of best practice to ensure compliance with the organization’ s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to understand procurement goals and objectives.
- Interface with Global Security Key Stakeholders to plan and prioritize procurement activities.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate reporting efforts for 10+ stakeholders.
- Responsible for operational relation management with vendors.
- Responsible for SOPs creation, continuous improvements and updates.
Responsible for timely and accurate data inputs in system and continuous improvements
The Procurement Specialist Lead for Global Security is responsible for managing a team of Procurement Specialists, development and implementation of innovative and sustainable procurement guidelines, procedures, and policy. The lead reviews all aspects of the procurement process and provide on-going support to team. The lead develops and maintains close working relationships and acts as the liaison between internal and external departments.
- Must have 3-5 years procurement background.
- Ability to lead a team and manage people.
- Superior Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle sourcing and procurement tools.
- Must be tech savvy and ability to learn various internal tools to perform job duties.
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships within all levels of the company.
- Experience in budgeting, accrual and cash flow processes.
- Proven skills in consulting with internal/external business clients.
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to drive change and improve end-to-end processes.
- Proven ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels, develop cooperative working partnerships and contribute to teams.
- Proven ability to handle highly visible, complex procurements and effectively communicate goals/objectives to peers or upper management.
- Able to prioritize and use available tools to be highly productive and manage high volumes.
*Job description is subject to change.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications, or similar fields.