Product Marketing Manager, Groups Platform
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Title: Product Marketing Manager, Groups Platform
- Experience working in product marketing; can be b2b - with an emphasis on helping product teams bring platform features to market
- Some career experience marketing to consumer audiences
- An understanding of platform technology
- Strong project management skills
We' re looking for an experienced product marketer, passionate about online communities, to join us on the Groups product marketing team. Our groups product marketing team is responsible for global, end-to-end marketing of the products designed to help consumers, group admins, and businesses build and connect through communities. With the company' s new community-oriented mission, further investment in our Groups marketing initiatives is a priority.
This role is responsible for supporting go-to-market launches for the Groups team and will focus on driving in-bound market insights to the product management team to inform the product roadmap and to inform go-to-market messaging for end-consumers and developers. The ideal candidate will have experience with developer platform products.
- Assess and represent the market internally with Product Management and Engineering to inform product roadmap planning
- Develop a strong product narrative around platform product to include what it is, why it was built, use cases, and audiences
- Have a strong inbound product partnership, working to ensure the product is built with the needs of the audience and product teams in mind while maintaining a cohesive experience for users
- Develop consumer-focused messaging and go-to-market plans to support launches with an emphasis on how platform tools enable consumer-benefit driven outcomes
- Partner with platform marketing to launch and manage an outbound communication plan to the developer community to get them engaged with the platform
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years work experience in consumer marketing
- Communication experience
- Project management experience
- Platform marketing experience
- Consulting and/or start-up experiences
- BA/BS degree