1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Would you like to work with one of most respected open source companies in the world? We are looking for a professional to help maintain high-quality user documentation for some of the projects in our portfolio. You will be working closely with a group of network service engineers, program managers and SME’ s to maintain documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for various stakeholder teams, including, but not limited to, feature documentation, requirements gathering, documentation governance and migration between platforms. Internal documentation for enterprise-only features may be required as well.
- Your work may include developing brand-new documentation, re-aligning existing documentation to the defined standards or continuation of documentation already started.
- Identify the documentation opportunities by collaborating with the SME’ s, gathering the document requirements and creating tasks for tech pubs to develop the documentation.
- Collaborate between ENS and TechPubs when new wiki-based documentation needs to be developed, modified or migrated to/from other systems-of-record.
- Standardize content across multiple platforms and ensure document freshness.
- Monitor the update frequency of the documents and work with OPM’ s/Network Engineers to deprecate obsolete documentation.
- Analyze the documents to ensure compliance with defined standards and maintaining various documentation platforms.
- Manage updates and revisions to numerous documents housed in multiple platforms.
- Assist with the execution of Knowledge Management Program across multiple cross functional teams.
(1) Expert in HTML and CSS
(2) Basic Data Center Networking knowledge
(3) Proven work experience in managing projects
(4) Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easy to comprehend in text and picture formats
(5) Able to take an existing or new project, understand its scope and direction and use discretion to finish the project in a timely fashion, with some supervision.
(6) Experience working with content management systems is a plus