Project Manager - Connectivity Network Services
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Title: Project Manager - Connectivity Network Services
- Manage deployment, operations, tooling, documentation, and ongoing support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
- Drive successful field site survey and acquisition efforts including negotiations with landlords, industry partners, local governments, and utilities.
- Take initiative in unclear and dynamic situations to help stakeholders and partners define and subsequently realize goals.
- Manage highly cross-functional projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (experimental products, data center, network, logistics, supply chain, hardware/software engineering).
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Elicit detailed program requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Lead business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- 6+ years of experience in technical or engineering project/program management with a demonstrated track record of improving processes, programs, and using technology solutions to deliver business value in a high-tech operations space.
- 2 years of experience leading optical and/or wireless network deployments.
- Extensive experience leading executive-level discussions and negotiations with internal and external parties.
- Experience driving successful project execution in collaboration with external partners in industry, government, and academia.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI model and networking standards including TCP/IP and the 802.11 family.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills with clear focus under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be independent, thorough, and results-orientated in examination and analysis.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across organizations, within other geographies, and willingness to " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done, overcome obstacles, and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- 3+ years of network engineering and design experience
- Mobile operator and/or ISP network planning, deployment, and operations experience, including municipal site acquisition and landlord lease negotiations.
- Experience working in emerging markets
- PMP and CCNA/JNCIA certifications or equivalent
- Vendor management and contracts experience
MBA or graduate degree in a technical discipline Preferred
Bachelors degree in an engineering, quantitative, or related discipline (Required)