Research Analyst II
9845 Willows Rd NE Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
This person will provide statistical analysis support for 1 large project that is in process. The person may also be asked to provide some research consultation with respect to analysis approaches of smaller studies to support the derivation of statistical reports to support research studies in physical ergonomics and human factors work.
Plan for and execute on statistical analysis for in progress large data set of participant data (N=3000+ people, potentially hundreds of data points per person)
Creation of code (in R, Matlab or equivalent) that can be leveraged to analyse large data set.
Work with science staff to translate their research questions to analysis tools and results.
Work with database engineer to understand how to pull data from existing database
On demand consultation for analysis of smaller studies
- Experience with large multi-variate data sets.
- Exhibited experience with multivariate analysis approaches, Principal components analysis, Independent components analysis, hierarchical regression modelling, non-linear regression and modeling.
- Prior experience with R, Matlab, Python, SAS or equivalent for the analysis of large data sets.
- Background with epidemiology approaches to statistical analysis is advantageous
- Understanding of 3D geometry is an asset.
- Understanding of large database infrastructure (SQL) is an asset.
Education:: MA in statistics or epidemiology. Ph.D. is statistics, epidemiology, psychology or related field preferred.