Research Associate Support Resource
3005 1st Ave Seattle, WA 98121
Description: We are seeking an energetic and driven Research Associate to join our Process Development group to help support our work to refine the company' s core pluripotent stem cell gene editing technology. This individual will be trained to culture, passage, maintain and cryopreserve human pluripotent stem cells. Following the training and demonstration of their skill, independence, and trustworthiness, this individual will work a shifted schedule to support the activities of multiple researchers in the department. That shifted schedule will be a five-day work week where Saturday and Sunday are part of the five working days.
Essential job responsibilities:
• Support other researchers within the department by seeding, passaging, and maintaining pluripotent stem cells
• Operates on a shifted schedule where the five-day workweek includes Saturday and Sunday
• Working knowledge and understanding of aseptic cell culture technique.
• Conducts biological laboratory experiments utilizing and adhering to internal and published procedures
• Detailed record keeping and ability to follow established SOPs
• Communicate results both orally and written
• Willingness to learn new protocols, relevant equipment, and related software
• Ordering and monitoring of experimental supplies
• BA/BS or equivalent with 1-2+ years relevant laboratory experience.
• Solid working knowledge of aseptic mammalian cell culture technique, pluripotent stem cell experience preferred.
• Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Smart, hard-working, and motivated to work as part of project teams, and work independently on daily tasks.